Functional Foods that can Benefit your Health
Below you can read about functional foods that can benefit your health and weightless.
1. Turmeric: best for reducing inflammation and fending off cancer. *this is in REZ
The phenol, curcumin, is what gives this spice it's signature color and gives it powerful anti-inflammatory properties that have been shown to help alleviate joint pain from exercise and arthritis.
2. Grapefruit: best for boosting metabolism and burning belly fat.
Did you know that eating half a grapefruit can enhance your body's fat-burning performance?
Tip: Consider having half of a grapefruit before your breakfast, or slicing a few segments into a salad.
3. Fatty Fish: best for strengthening your heart, flattening your belly, and sharpening your mind.
These fatty fish are one of the best sources of omega-3 fatty acids. These healthy fats have anti-inflammatory properties that have been found to fight depression, mental decline, heart disease, arthritis, and osteoporosis.
4. Spinach: best for gut health, immunity, eye health, muscle building, and metabolism regulation
Spinach is full of the carotenoids lycopene, beta-carotene, lutein, and zeaxanthin. Beta-carotene acts as an antioxidant, neutralizing free radicals which may damage cells and lutein and zeaxanthin support maintenance of eye health.
5. Manuka Honey: best for healing digestive troubles by decreasing intestinal bacterial growth, boosts immunity, soothes sore throats, alleviates seasonal allergy symptoms, and improves inflammation-induced skin issues.
Manuka honey, in particular, is richer in pathogen-fighting antibacterial enzymes and anti-inflammatory antioxidant compounds than traditional honey.